Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jeter (Cheat or gamesmanship)

I have always been a fan of Derek Jeter. I have honestly watched him from his first year in New York until today. I admire his playing and just what he brings to the Yankees. The other night though I did lose a little bit of respect for him due to him faking being hit by a pitch. From what I have heard and read people feel what he did was right along what others did. Football players using the ref to block other guys. Basketball players doing alittle more pushing then what is allowed. NASCAR drivers crashing guys so they dont win. So yeah cheating is all across sports and it is going to happen no matter what happens. Jeter is a different story. He is known for how clean he has been. He never had problems with the law like other plays... Vick comes to mind. He is only known for the gorgeous women he has dated. Some of the notable women he has been with include Joy Enriquez, Mariah Carey, former Miss Universe Lara Dutta, Jordana Brewster, Vanessa Minillo, Jessica Biel and Minka Kelly. I fully understand the whole hype and all. 5 World Series rings over the course of his career. 4 of them came in a 5 year span. He currently has more hits then any Yankee to ever play. He is known for his big time hits. What he did though in my view is busch league. He is suppose to be a man of integrity and is a role model to a lot of people. I don't agree with what he did but im just your everyday normal fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment